Please bear with us as we gradually discern and develop this page. Suggestions are welcome.
- NLCCC Meet and Greet Brunch at Mt. Sinai Community Inisttute draws 80 N.L. residents and OSP members to launch yearlong partnership work on 16 N.L. Planning Process Sub-Committees.
Peace circles at St. Agatha on "Race and Faith" under the direction of Fr. Larry Dowling and various circle keepers draw nearly 100 participants.
MLK Faith in Action Assembly sponsored by Community Renewal Society at St. Mark United Methodist Church
Construction begins on Phoenix House, home for North Lawndale College Prep H.S. students with housing instability, funded by the Old S. Pat's Church Journey Forward Capital Campaign. Admisistration of the home is handled by Empoweer To Succeed, a 501c3 and managed by The Night Ministry. Opening is set for August 2017.
November and December
- NLCCC reps visit OSP on two nights for an info session and to invite members to join 16 NLCCC Strategic Plan and Quality of Life Sub-Committees.
September and October
- North Lawndale 5K under the direction of Lawndale Christian Health Center
June, July and August
- Continuing the Dream Weekend commemorating MLK's 1967 residency in North Lawndale and Fair Housing Civil Rights Campaign. Events included: Friday lecture and book signing of "Family Properties" at Skyline Conference Center, Saturday discussion series and street fair at the MLK Fair Housing Exhibit Center and Sunday afternoon worhip service honoring the youth at the Historic Stone Temple Missionary Baptist Church on Douglas Blvd.
- B-Ball on the Block occurs once per week under the leadership of St. Anthony Hospital, LISC and other N.L. community partners.
- Men of Hope Meals once per month with residents of Lawndale Community Church's Hope House in cooperation with Moody Church (Lakeview)